Monday, June 4, 2007

Blogging and Life Long Learning

Week 2 Thing 3 & 4
My blog is set up and I am BLOGGING! This is scary! Who let the dogs out?

I think this day and age requires a person to be a life long learner....it is the only way to survive.
We no longer stay in the same job cradle to grave. And we are in a world now where technology changes so rapidly one can't afford to fall behind.

I have no problem with Habit #3..... I always view problems as challenges and it drives me nuts until I have solved a problem. I enjoy the feeling of figuring something out....even if it takes me a long time. However, I don't have complete confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner (Habit #4). Sometimes it takes me a long time to learn something new, in part because I am a very visual learner.

In terms of new technology I have another problem of not wanting to be so constantly connected to the world...cell phones, instant messaging, etc. I'm not opposed to the technology, I just don't want to be connected to it 24/7!

ME

No comments: