Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tagging and Del.icio.us

Week 6 Thing 13
I think tagging can be helpful if it is reasonably accurate...I went to a library website that had tagging for Harlan Coban books and some of it was pretty esoteric...not sure who was allowed to do the tagging.

I found it very hard to get into Del.icio.us...just another website that needed another login. However, once I sat down and really looked at it...I found some very helpful information.
As a reference librarian I am asked a lot about Maryland divorce law...Del.icio.us provided some excellent sites I was unfamiliar with and which would be very useful. I can see using Del.icio.us to organize and make available very quickly these sites and others on a wide range of topics. These could be accessed by librarians and patrons. On a personnal note...it popped up some wonderful vintage fabric sites I have never seen!

ME

No comments: